News and Events
Fargo students advance to national history contest
Posted 5/15/23 (Mon)
By Forum staff
May 06, 2023
FARGO — Nineteen students from across North Dakota who participated in the state's National History Day competition at the North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum in Bismarck on April 28 are eligible to advance to the national contest.
Students in grades six through 12 took part with exhibits, papers, performances, websites and documentaries on historical subjects related to the topic "Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas," according to a release from the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Fargo students swept the senior categories, and Dickinson students did the same in the junior categories. The winners are:
- Angelina Kappen: Fargo North High School, senior individual documentary.
- Nadeem Alian, Thomas Burgess, Braden Fugle and Alex Paul: Fargo North High School, senior group documentary.
- Erika Rosa: Fargo North High School, senior individual exhibit.
- Alaina Nordhougen, Leighton Koepplin and Sophia Pfeifer: Fargo Davies High School, senior group exhibit.
- Sophia Brakvatne and Atari Stark: Fargo North High School, senior group exhibit.
- Ghieanaliyah Ayuyu: Dickinson Middle School, junior individual exhibit.
- Tolga Kilic, Taylor Gerbig and Olivia Weller: Dickinson Middle School, junior group exhibit.
- Alea Paluck, Katy Shlecht, Lilly Zawodny and Alexys Croft: Dickinson Middle School, junior group exhibit.
The national competition will be held June 11-15 at the University of Maryland.